2012년 7월 11일 수요일

Adventures in Otea dong- the story so far...

Summers are filled with rain, rain and more rain, then comes the holiday.

More recently over the past few months now, I've taking to doing quite a few things with my weekends. I will start by going through a few little adventures I've been on to date. The top left, was back a few month ago when me and my korean friend Lee, decided to hike up the Gumosan route from Buksam taking the longer route up and coming down through the other side. If the sun wasn't enough to contend with the high humidity of the mid-day sun had taken the energy from my legs that day. Upon reaching the top the climb we were met by a large buddist temple and jaw dropping views as my friend took this photo of us. The climb was not for the weaker person, with 4 hours of hard grit already behind me we were certainly out for the count.
The photo on the right, was taken during my trip down to Expo festival far down south of korea, which I went solo that weekend, and had pretty good time drinking and enjoying the exhibits that had on offer. The far left of the photo, shows the "big o", which released many fireworks that night and a display fit for an Olympic event that showcased some K-pop singers despite this the showcase of fireworks proved to be the winner. The two trains pictured below I suppose represent how Korea is yet as backwards country but continues to the prove to the world that its completing for the high end technology markets and the KTX on the left, travells at speeds close to 200mph, whereas the right hand side pictures a much slower "dinosaur" train which I traveled there and back on taking 3 hours to reach Dajeon, (which is not bad for a mungywah), been the poor traveler, I opted for the much slower speed of service to suit my needs. Thoroughly enjoyed the ride, by 11pm I was home that weekend, still wanting more expo. The expo weekend was costly for in the whole weekend managing to spend $250 altogether, was worth the fun, beering and enjoying some singing and dancing and the light shows at the end, really capped off the weekend, despite some close encounters with angry Korean man.  I came across an exhibit with the man floating above the floor holding onto the wall, I was quite bemused and curiousness took me to walk up closer to the man, who was seemingly floating on thin air? How could this be, I still don't know and I am still in doubt as to how this was done.



 Two weekends ago, I had taken a trip down to gangwondo, regional area in Korea, which I paid quite gladly to go on a "river trekking" hike, which quite turned out to be more than what i bargained for. So I payed $120 to get completely soaked and at the same time covered in scratches and bruises and have a wet phone that did go swimming with me. The group we was with had more of the spirit than me, as I didn't wanna get wet, saying that I was wet to start with. The guys jumped in the pool and went in feet first with the their trainers and full gear on, and there is me just standing back from them, while everybody is jumping in. The rest of the river trekking was a formidable task and not for the faint hearted nor the weaker ones. The river trekking took us 6 hours to complete, more of which it was 4 hours. The trekking involved some major jumping in rivers and having to swim for my life at some part of the course in order to get across the other side, not good idea with myself being not a strong swimmer in any stretch of the imagination. William cho, tho made my weekend on sunday, worthwhile for money I money I paid I felt that I had a good weekend, despite the river tekking was little bit on the extreme kinda army style trekking. White water rafting on Sunday was the major turning point of the weekend and 9 part zipline was fun too. 

 My weekend plans are to go spa valley this Saturday, which is supposed to be good weather this weekend, prompting me to go there and enjoy the water park. Three weeks time, I shall be in the Philippians enjoying a cocktail while on a beach in white sands not surrounded by noisy Korean kids in your face. For me this will give me 11 night of pure grace and r+r waits me. This defiantly will be a true holiday to look forward to.

 


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기